The Scarlet Runner November Sunday Supper
Farm-fresh fare and a heavy helping of community are served at this once-a-month dinner event.
November 10, 2013 · 5:00pm
A wise man once said, “A community that eats together, gets full together.” Alright, so we made that up. But let’s face it – nothing brings a community together quite like the dinner table!
We’ve teamed up with The Scarlet Runner (who are also the brains behind our new farm-fresh cafe The Farmette) to host the Sunday Supper, a community dinner held one Sunday a month featuring the freshest ingredients the county has to offer – from produce and meats sourced from Lancaster County farms to greens picked fresh from Ben’s own garden! This multi-course meal features a new menu each month with options for meat-eaters, herbivores and vegans alike, as well as fresh teas infused waters to help wash it all down.
Seating is limited to 60 –– buy your ticket early to reserve your spot!
(Previous Sunday Suppers were BYOB. With our pending liquor license, we cannot confirm this will be the case on November 10. If our license is approved, a cash bar will be available.)
This month’s menu is taking on a Moroccan theme!
- 5–6pm – Reception and Hors D’oeuvres
- 6pm Sitting
- Chicken Tagine with Green Olives, Saffron, Almonds, Preserved Lemon
- Vegetable Tagine with Golden Raisins, Chickpeas, Butternut Squash
- Cous Cous with Black Currants, Orange Blossom, Fennel
- Roasted Purple Carrots with Cumin and Pomegranate Molasses
- Roasted Cylindra Beets with Linden Dale Farms Goat Cheese, Pistachios, Pickled Shallots
- Dessert by Sugar whipped