Lancaster Story Slam Grand Slam!
The final, championship event!
Lancaster Story Slam Grand Slam
This is it: the Grand Slam! After ten months of Story Slam competitions, our ten monthly winners will compete to crown the ultimate Lancaster Story Slam champion.
Get your tickets now as we expect this event to sell out, and seating is limited. The cost is $8 in advance, and $10 at the door.
The Lancaster Story Slam is held right here at Tellus360 every 4th Tuesday of the month. You are invited to join us and enjoy an evening of great short form storytelling.
Here are the winners who will be competing:
Click on names to view a video of each storyteller’s winning performance.
- January 28 – Embarrassing Moments – Winner: Matthew Kabik
- February 24 – Guilty Pleasures – Winner: Joanne Rafferty
- March 24 – Good Vibrations – Winner: Frank Melvin
- April 28 – Love Hurts – Winner: Cliff Lewis
- May 26 – Road Trip – Winner: Aaron Lewis
- June 23 – It’s My Job – Winner: Liz Yocom
- July 28 – Boiling Point – Winner: Samantha Bare
- August 25 – Family Feud – Winner: Chris McDougall
- September 22 – Schooled – Bruce Sperber
- October 27 – Scared To Death – Steve Clark
What is Story Slam?
A Story Slam is an event where anyone can take the stage and tell a story! The story should be loosely based on the theme of the night, be approximately five minutes long, and be true as you remember it! Three judges are chosen from the audience and each storyteller is given scores based on content and presentation. We don’t take the competition part too seriously, it’s all about sharing diverse stories.
Story Slams are held all over the world, mainly in cities such as New York, London, Brisbane, Philadelphia, Scranton, Baltimore, Washington DC, and even West Chester, PA. Now Story Slam is coming to Lancaster, PA!