Daisy Flour Pie Contest
November 6, 2015 · 5:00pm
Daisy Flour Pie Contest
Come join us at Tellus 360! First Friday November 6, 2015
WHERE: Tellus 360, Irish Pub and Music Venue· Community Center, located in the heart of Downtown Lancaster PA, at 24 East King Street. (The contest wil be held in the 2nd floor lounge area).
WHO: Pie Bakers: Start your ovens now for a practice round. Sign up your friends for good eating and gustatory support. ( Just means if you believe your friend’s pie tastes good, spend a dollar to vote for it!)
HOW TO ENTER: You can register and print out a registration form online.
If you register online, take the a printout of the registration confirmation with
you to pick up the flour at one of the pick-up locaitons. Or go to one of the pickup
locations lited here to enter and register:
Lemon Street Market – 241 West Lemon Street. Lancaster, PA 17603
(Monday – Fri: 7 am to 7 pm & Saturday: 7 am to 6pm Sunday: 9 am to 5 pm ).
Buck Hill Farms CSA – 975 Lititz Pike, Lititz, PA 17543
(Wednesday-Friday: 9 am – 6 pm & Saturday: 8 am – 2 pm)
- Green Circle Organics – 23 North Market Street. Lancaster, PA 17603
(Tuesday & Friday: 6 am – 4 pm & Saturday: 6 am – 2 pm )
Leave your completed Registration form and pay a $10 Registration Fee (cash or checks only).
Pick up your free bag of Daisy Organic Pastry Flour and the Recipe Form.
McGeary Organics, owner of Daisy Flour and the Annville Mill, is donating all of the 2-pound bags of Daisy Organic Pastry Flour, specially labelled for this contest.
ON THE DAY OF THE CONTEST: Deliver your pie to Tellus 360 (24 East King St., Lancaster,Pa ) between the hours of 5 and 6 p.m., Friday, November 6th. Judging begins at 6:30 p.m.
- People’s Choice Pie. $5 gets you in to taste all of the pies and buys you your first vote.The pie that gets the largest vote count is the big winner. That’s because they attract donations to The Humane League of Lancster County by getting friends to put down $5 or an even greater sum of money ($5 entry buys 1 vote).
- Facebook Favorite. Vote on event day through the Facebook App!
- Most Like Grandma’s Pie. The Daisy Flour goes something like this: Organic flour that goes to make old-fashioned good food like Grandma used to bake. Daisy’s staff gets to choose this one, too, and they are providing the good old-fashioned prize.
Judges Choice Pie. A panel of judges will get together and taste all the pies and number their favorites according to these criteria:
- Presentation: (crust and filling color, creative detailing, even distribution of filling, etc.)
- Taste & Flavor: (aroma, taste, good balance of flavors)
- Filling: (smooth uniform components with appealing color, and a nice aftertaste) No canned fillings!
- Crust : (flaky, not soggy) (Click here for tips on how to keep your pie from getting soggy) ONLY Daisy Pastry Flour may be used in any of the crusts – whether they are lattice crusts, flat crusts, crumb crusts, or something else with flour in it. Two-crust pies are encouraged of course. Show us your best effort in this category. After all this IS a flour contest!
JUDGES: Judges will be representative of the charity (The Humane League of Lancaster County), the sponsors, the prize donors, and professional bakers who know what to look for in a PIE.
PARKING: On Street parking is available in Downtown Lancaster and the meters are in effect from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM, Monday through Saturday. All meters have a 2 hour limit. For a map of nearby parking garages Click Here .