Brewed in the Burg: Documentary Screening and Conversation
A movie about craft beer in our area
September 21, 2015 · 7:00pm
Brewed in the Burg: Screening and Conversation
Brewed in the Burg is a feature-length documentary produced by Harrisburg video production company GK Visual in partnership with Sara Bozich.
Co-Owner and Executive Producer Nate Kresge said his team partnered with Bozich, with whom they co-produce the web series, What’s on Tap, to explore the greater Harrisburg area’s growing craft beer industry. We will be screening the film and then having a Q&A session with Bozich, Kresge, and others involved in the film. Join us for $4 drafts before 7pm, then stick around for the screening, which starts at 7pm sharp.
“Brewed in the Burg is much more than a movie about beer,” said Kresge. “Through filming, we uncovered a unique community that is strong and passionate about their craft and working together.”
The film, shot over four months throughout the area, originally was released during Harrisburg Beer Week. It features two dozen interviews with local brewers, home brewers and craft beer industry professionals, including John and Chris Trogner of Troegs Brewing Company, Artie Tafoya of Appalachian Brewing Company, and Al Kominski of Pizza Boy Brewing Company and Al’s of Hampden, among others.
Fun things now added to this great event in partnership with Tröegs.
1. TWO FIRKIN CHALLENGE: Hop Knife vs. Perpetual IPA
2. ARRIVE WITH YOUR LOCAL CRAFT BEER SHIRT: You will get a piece of Tröegs swag.
3. We will have popcorn available for the screening
Arrive before 7pm to avail of the great $4 craft drafts in the bar. Showtime is 7pm sharp.
Full list of interviews:
- Chris and John Trogner, Troegs Brewing Company
- Ryan DeLutis, Brewery at Hershey
- Adam Sturges, The Sturges Speakeasy
- Derek Markel, homebrewer
- Tim Myers, homebrewer
- Terry Hawbaker, Pizza Boy Brewing Company; Intangible Ales
- Karl Larson, Regional Harrisburg Area Brewers
- Bart Kaminski, Hop Hedz Gear
- Jess Horn, Wilsbach Distributors
- Megan Moore, Victory Brewing
- Zach Ziegler, Molly Pitcher Brewing Company
- Kevin J. Spicer, Market Cross Pub and Brewery
- David Black, Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC
- Adam Dellinger, Sunny Brae Hops
- Rep. Patty Kim, 103rd District
- Kris and Albert de Bock, Regional Harrisburg Area Brewers
- Kurt Wewer, The Garlic Poet; Grain + Verse Bottlehouse
- Beau Faulkner, BangTap
- Tierney Pomone, Chelsie Markel and Colleen Nguyen, Stouts and Stilettos
- Artie Tafoya, Appalachian Brewing Company
- Alan Miller, Millbock Brewing Company
- Theo and Brandalynn Armstrong, Zeroday Brewing Company