A Holiday Greeting From Joe and the Tellus360 Holiday Schedule
2014 has been an incredible year at Tellus360, and we are overwhelmed with how you all have embraced us as we have gone through some rather dramatic transitions. We are truly grateful for each and every one of you, whether you are one of our regulars, or if you’ve only been here once.
Our owner has a little bit of a holiday greeting for all of you:
For the remainder of the holiday season, we’ll have special hours. We will be opening each day at 11 a.m., rather than 4 p.m. Plus, once the holiday season is over, we’ll be closing for about 10 days in order to give our staff a chance to take a break and rest up. They really deserve it after all of the long hours they have put in this year. So hear is a day by day schedule of our hours over the next few weeks.
12/22/14 thru 1/4/15 – Open at 11 a.m.
12/25/14 – Closed for Christmas Day
1/5/15 thru 1/15/15 – Closed for staff break
When we reopen on January 16th, we’re going to take 2015 by storm! We have a lot of great things planned from Lancaster Roots and Blues, another King Street Sessiun, St. Patrick’s Day, the Launch Festival, and so much more!
During this holiday season, however, here’s what we have on tap for you (selected highlights. Check our website for a more complete schedule).
December 22 – Irish Blessing – This wonderful Irish-American band from York will be joining us for a Celtic Christmas celebration!
December 23 – Yukon Cornelius & the Bumbles – This fabulous local Christmas band (whose leader looks a lot like Mark DeRose) will be performing an evening of Christmas music for us in a benefit show for A Week Away, the nonprofit started by Caleb Walker.
December 24 – Joe & Joe Poetry Hour – Lancaster’s new poet laureate, Joe Weitzel, will be reading some of his original poetry, as well as some Christmas themed poetry from others. Our own Joe Devoy was supposed to join him, but unfortunately he is unable to participate, but will be there in spirit!
December 25 – Christmas Day – Closed for the day.
December 26 – St. Stephen’s Day – Over in Ireland, the day after Christmas is St. Stephen’s Day, and when Joe was a kid, they would spend the day playing soccer and other games, so we’ll be doing the same!
- 11 a.m. – Soccer at the Tellus360 Sports Complex (the green field across the street) – If all goes as planned, we might do this U.S.A. vs. the World. We’ll still try to play, even if the weather isn’t great. If there’s snow, perhaps we’ll have a snow ball fight or a snowman building contest!
- 12 noon – Lunch and drinks – We’ll walk back across the street to Tellus360 for a bite to eat and perhaps a pint or two.
- 2 p.m. – Flag football across the street. That is, if we can still move.
- 3 p.m. Back to Tellus360 for a great afternoon and evening of food, fun, and entertainment. We’ll be playing games in the lounge: darts, ping pong, pool, corn hole, Twister, chess, or whatever game you’re interested in!
- 8 p.m. The Royal Noise – a bit of high powered funk in the pub!
- 9:30 p.m. – Aortic Valve Regifting Party – Our favorite DJ/VJ combo is back with a multimedia experience that will blow your mind and keep you dancing. Bring along those gifts you really don’t like or want, and swap them for something else!
December 27 – Lancaster Unity Community Peace Walk – Join us as we walk throughout the city in support of peace here in our own town, then join us back at Tellus for a relaxed reception. Then in the evening, our friend Mike McMonagle is back for his 4th Annual Mickel B-Day Bash. He and his friends will be celebrating his birthday in music, and you’re invited!
December 30 – The Separators – These young lads are one of the real success stories of 2014, and we’re grateful that they call Tellus their home. Check them out before they hit the big time!
December 31 – New Year’s Eve Bash – This year’s bash is bigger and better than last year’s event, and we will sell out, so get your tickets now! Music from Corty Byron Band, Vinegar Creek Constituency, and Second Hand Suits, as well as DJ Salinger spinning the tunes.
January 1 – It’s going to be a low key day at Tellus, so come on in and hang out, grab a bite to eat, and enjoy a few drinks. We’ll have a DJ later at night for those who want to still party.
January 2 – Jazz music with Temple Avenue, and our usual First Friday fun with DJ Backdraft and DJ Edge and their Fresh’n Up Friday.
January 3 – Green Onions reunion show – It’s the first time the original lineup of this band has gotten together in more than seven years. Corty Byron has gotten them together just for us! Plus, in the pub we’ll have music from Kyle Morgan & Fellaheen.
January 5 – 15 – Closed for staff holiday.
Thank you for everything, and here’s to a great 2015!